I’m not used to this.
I’ve never lived in college apartments before.
I knew there were parties, I knew I would have loud neighbors, I really did. But until now I’ve been rather sheltered from them. If I wasn’t, I’d have a picture to post with this silly little note.
Is it rational for a 25 year-old woman to be scared to be home alone on a Saturday night because there is a party going on next door?
I know it isn’t rational. I know that every weekend.
Yuck, there are a lot of “I’s” starting those sentences. My English teacher mother would be ashamed…
But not that I’m scared of partying neighbors. She’d be okay with that.
So, here are some questions for those of you who may have more experience or who just want to give me rational advice:
- How early can I call police non-emergency and tell them I want to go to bed but I can’t because the party next door is too loud?
- How loud does the party have to be before I’m considered a weenie/old fart/loser, etc?
- What are the chances I’m going to have contact with any of these party goers if I sit in my apartment with the door locked- and are they going to steal the wreath off my front door and throw it in the street like they do with all the pumpkins? (My pumpkins were stolen. Not smashed, stolen. I didn’t report that to the police. I’m not that big of a weenie. Yet.)
- Is my car parked right outside their door safe?
And finally, the most important:
5. On a scale from 1-13, how big of a weenie am I in your eyes at this very moment?
And remember, this is for posterity so be honest.