When you don’t have a nursery to prepare, the “nesting” instinct finds interesting ways to manifest itself.
I’ve got a long list of to-dos, but a sweet husband who helps me get everything done. Then again, you’ll still have to pardon my messy house in the background of these pictures.
A few weeks ago I found this rocking chair at a yard sale. The back pieces needed some glue, and we decided the whole chair had much more potential than it was manifesting.
First, we removed all the loose pieces.
Then, I sanded every piece. It needed to be roughed up, I wasn’t necessarily trying to get all the stain off.
After cleaning off all the dust from sanding I glued everything back together. And nearly managed to glue the chair to my floor in the process!
It had a few places it needed some putty, so I did that next and let it dry.
After that it was ready for primer, so my handsome assistant gave it a good coat.
Then he added a top coat and we had a lovely white rocking chair!
Of course, you know the Flynns have a tendency to go overboard, so we didn’t stop there.
Then filled it in with paint…
And then I added some more!
I’m really happy with my cow. The detail really made the chair fun.
And viola! Our “new” custom rocking chair is ready for Evelyn to arrive.
As soon as we find a place to put it (and her), that is!
P.S. For anyone interested, we added a top coat of spray paint that said it was a non-yellowing protective coat, but it started to bubble in places and to discolor the white paint. I think it was a reaction with the stain underneath. Anyways, we don’t really recommend the top coat for that reason.
I’m sharing this post as part of I Made it Thursdays on Everything Etsy and Take-A-Look Tuesday on Sugar Bee!